We are near Hluhluwe in the Province of KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), SOUTH AFRICA.
Umkhumbi Lodge is situated about 15 minutes outside the town of Hluhluwe on the R22 to Sodwana.
- If you are driving to us, see DIRECTIONS here.
- NOT driving? We offer TRANSFERS from anywhere in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Drive time from Richards Bay is 1.5 hours
- Drive time from King Shaka International Airport – Durban is 2.5 hours
- Drive time from Johannesburg is approx 7 hours
The nearest airports are:
RICHARDS BAY Airport (SA Express)
DURBAN King Shaka International Airport (Many airlines)
Umkhumbi Lodge is superbly located close to Hluhluwe in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, with easy access to the wildlife areas of Hluhluwe-Imfolozi and Mkhuze National Parks, the endless sandy beaches of Sodwana & Kosi Bay, and one of South Africa’s World heritage sites, Isimangaliso Wetland Park. There is the opportunity to spot all of the Big Five, abundant birdlife and on the beaches, both Loggerhead and Leatherback Turtles.
Zululand has a fascinating history and is home to the greatest warrior nation in Southern Africa, the amaZulu. The capital of Zululand, Ulundi, is 2 hours drive to the west and was the place of the last battle of the Anglo-Zulu war, on 4 July 1879.