The nearest airports are Durban King Shaka International and Richards Bay in KwaZulu-Natal on the east coast of South Africa.
Umkhumbi Lodge is situated about 10 minutes outside the town of Hluhluwe on the R22 to Sodwana. )
- Drive time from Richards Bay is 1.5 hours
- Drive time from Durban airport is 2.5 hours
- Drive time from Johannesburg is approx 8 hours
From Johannesburg or Swaziland in the North
Make your way to the N2 that heads to Durban. Pass Pongola, Golela Border Post, Josini turn off and Mkuze Town, pass the Phinda turn off until you reach the Hluhluwe / Sodwana Bay R22 turn off.
From Durban or Richards Bay in the South
Make your way to the N2 North bound. Pass Richards Bay, Kwambonambi, Mtubatuba, Bushlands turn off until you reach the Hluhluwe / Sodwana Bay R22 turn off.
Detailed directions from the N2 / R22 Turn off to Umkhumbi Lodge
- From the N2 take the Hluhluwe/Sodwana Bay – R22 turn off
- Follow signs through Hluhluwe town towards Sodwana Bay - R22
- Turn right and cross over the railway track at the Sodwana Bay - R22 sign before you reach the gravel road to Ilala Weavers.
- After you cross the railway track, Umkhumbi Lodge is 16kms along the main road
- Pass Zulu Croc and Badenhorst Boerdery signs, turn left off the R22 at the Kuleni Game Park and Umkhumbi Lodge sign
- Just before the Kuleni Game Park Gate, take the track to the right, follow the little Umkhumbi sign
- Go through the Umkhumbi gate (your gate code will be sent on confirmation of your booking) and follow the track to reception
You can download a map and directions here or use the link in the left column.
- We offer transfers from anywhere in KZN.
- Approximate rate for transfer from Durban (based on 4 people) is R600 per person