Umkhumbi Lodge offers accommodation in Kuleni Game Park, just off the R22 about 15 minutes outside Hluhluwe on the way to Sodwana Bay. We are approximately 30 minutes from Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve for wildlife safaris. We are halfway between Durban and Maputo.
The nearest airports are Durban King Shaka International and Richards Bay in KwaZulu-Natal on the east coast of South Africa.
DISTANCES / TIMES:
Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park: 35 km / 30 mins
Golela Border Eswatini: 103km / 1 hour 15 mins
Sodwana Bay: 78 km / 1 hour 15 mins
St Lucia KZN: 86 km / 1 hour 15 mins
Kosi Bay Border Mozambique: 149 km / 2 hours
Richards Bay Airport: 116 km / 1 hour 30 mins
Durban King Shaka Airport: 251 km / 2 hours 52 mins
Maputo: 260 km / 3 hours
Joburg OR Tambo Aiport: 527 km / 6 hours 15 mins
- Drive time from Richards Bay is 1.5 hours
- Drive time from King Shaka International Airport – Durban is 3 hours
- Drive time from Johannesburg is approx 6 hours
From Johannesburg or Swaziland in the North
Make your way to the N2 that heads to Durban. Pass Pongola, Golela Border Post, Josini turn off and Mkuze Town, pass the Phinda turn off until you reach the Hluhluwe / Sodwana Bay R22 turn off.
From Durban or Richards Bay in the South
Make your way to the N2 North bound. Pass Richards Bay, Kwambonambi, Mtubatuba and Bushlands turn offs until you reach the Hluhluwe / Sodwana Bay R22 turn off.
Detailed directions from the N2 / R22 Turn off to Umkhumbi Lodge
- From the N2 take the Hluhluwe/Sodwana Bay – R22 turn off
- Follow signs through Hluhluwe town towards Sodwana Bay – R22
- Turn right and cross over the railway track at the Sodwana Bay – R22 sign before you reach the gravel road to Ilala Weavers.
- After you cross the railway track, Umkhumbi Lodge is 16kms along the main road
- Pass Zulu Croc and Badenhorst Boerdery signs, turn left off the R22 at the Kuleni Game Park and Umkhumbi Lodge sign
- Stop at the Kuleni Game Park Gate and the gate guard will open it for you.
- The guard will direct you towards Umkhumbi, please follow the track to reception.
- We offer transfers from anywhere in KZN.
- Approximate rate for transfer from Durban (based on 4 people) is R800 per person